Gossip Real - Naija Latest News and Trending Gossip and Read Legit News Online
10 Things You May Not Know About Late CoS, Abba Kyari
Abba Kyari, Chief of Staff to the president of Nigeria, died on Friday in Lagos, Nigeria after battling the deadly coronavirus for over a year.
Kyari was a journalist and former banker, who held senior positions in some of the country’s banks.
Kyari’s death was announced via a statement issued by Femi Adesina, the spokesperson of President Muhammadu Buhari.
The statement read: “Chief of Staff to the President, Mallam Abba Kyari, passes on. May God rest his soul. Amen. Funeral arrangements to be announced soon”
As a parting shot, we highlight 10 things you may not know about the close ally and bosom friend of President Buhari.
– He was from the Kanuri tribe in Borno State.
– He graduated with a bachelor’s degree in sociology from the University of Warwick and also received a bachelor’s degree in law from the University of Cambridge
– He was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1983 after attending the Nigerian Law School.
– He obtained a master’s degree in law from the University of Cambridge in the year 1984.
- He later attended the International Institute for Management Development in Lausanne, Switzerland and participated in the Program for Management Development at the Harvard Business School, in 1992 and 1994, respectively.
– Kyari worked for the law firm Fani-Kayode and Sowemimo for some time after his return to Nigeria.
– He also functioned as the editor with the New Africa Holdings Limited Kaduna between 1988 – 1990.
– In 1990, he served as a Commissioner for Forestry and Animal Resources in Borno State.
– President Muhammadu Buhari appointed him as the Chief of Staff in August 2015.
The presidency through its Special Assistant to the President on New Media, Bashir Ahmad , has debunked claims as speculated in viral video that claimed people touched the remains of dead Emir of Rano, Alhaji Tafida Abubakar . Recall that yesterday, Gossip Real reliably gathered and reported that the Emir of Rano, Kano State, Dr. Tafida Abubakar Ila II, is dead. Following the passing away of the Emir on Saturday at the Nasarawa Specialist Hospital after a brief illness, a video clip has quickly surfaced, showing a large crowd scampering to touch the remains of the dead monarch as he was about to be committed to mother earth. Even though it remains uncertain if the monarch died of COVID-19 related issues, Nigerians have reacted to it and most regrettably, felt disappointed that social distancing was not observed at the burial. Furthermore, concerned Nigerians such as comedian Alibaba , have speculated that the late Emir might have died after battling a Covid-19 case and thus, fea
Popular Nigerian actress and philanthropist, Tonto Dikeh , has reacted to a pitiable photo recently making the rounds on internet. The viral photograph captured moment an unidentified old man was lying helplessly on the flour very close to some persons eating and drinking at an undisclosed pub. On sighting the trending picture, the humanitarian side of the screen diva and divorced mother of one was moved with pity as she wondered why an old man who definitely needed food would be neglected by people around him. Taking to her verified Instagram page, the 34-year-old actress shared thoughts on what she would have done differently if she were to be at the scene. She wrote; “ As we sanitize our hands let’s not forget to sanitize our hearts tooo… It’s one of 2things, I’m giving him my food and sitting right beside him on d floor to chat OR I’m bringing him to my table to BUY HIM A PLATE OF FOOD AND A CHAT.” Refer to her post below:
Following the nationwide mandatory coronavirus inspired lockdown that has been ongoing for weeks now, entertainment moguls have been financially affected because of zero shows, concerts and tours, courtesy of the novel pandemic. It is on this note that ace Nigerian producer who also doubles as a singer, Michael Collins Ajereh , popularly known as Don Jazzy , had earlier informed his followers that he is now a full blown influencer and revealed he would soon linkup with comedian, Mr. Macaroni , to enable him learn his crafts so as to diversify his income streams. Sequel to his new decision, Don Jazzy took to his official Instagram page on Saturday evening to wow his fans and followers by posting a video of himself accurately mimicking the fast rising Nigerian comedian, Mr. Macaroni. Clad in Mr. Macaroni’s kind of “agbada” attire, the producer shared the video with his over 8 million Instagram fans. In the video, he could be heard saying; “Hello! freaky freaky…! Ah ah, spicey! Fa